“It’s astounding, TIME is fleeting, madness takes control, but listen closely, not for very much longer, I’ve got to keep control”. – Rocky Horror Picture show
“I’m late, I’m late for a very important date” – the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.
“Time is on my side, yes, it is” – The rolling stones
My little bit today is all about time. We chase it, we keep it, we remember it, we lose track of it, we rush to catch it again, sometimes we have too much of it, there never is enough, we run out of it, we watch it, on and on and on and on. TIME.
Think about it, what a strange concept? FINE the sun comes up we have 24 hours of it and then it goes down again, all this pressure to prove and perform and be and do and manage and list and task and rinse and repeat and the sun goes up and it goes down.
I don’t know, perhaps I am feeling a bit reflective on the whole concept since I will be taking another trip around the sun next week. But what a concept it is this time? Now don’t get me wrong, The Change Lab has a “Time Management course” and while we teach you these magic skills that will set you on a path of productivity and meaningful time spending that will change your life
I find it so bazaar that the hours of a clock control so much of our lives. Tea TIME, Lunch TIME, Family TIME, school TIME, meeting TIME why do we do it?. There are 24 hours in a day. So before my battery runs out of TIME, here are my thoughts on the matter, no tips today I am running out of TIME
1. Time is relative, and flexible and, according to Einstein, “the dividing line between past, present, and future is an illusion”. So reality is ultimately TIMELESS.
2. No person ever in the history of people ever said after retiring, I wish I had more time to work on those deadlines and spreadsheets.
3. Multi-tasking – a myth. Impossible to do, cant be done. No such thing.
4. Procrastination is a form of self-loathing – I will say that again, procrastination is a form of self-loathing
5. You are one – that’s right, one – decision away from creating a new life, a new TIME and you really do have all the time in the world.
So take your TIME read this article – or don’t because soon I will be releasing podcasts, but no matter which way you spin the clock – clockwise or anti, TIME, it’s there. Make the most of it. Savour the moment every moment.
THIS IS YOUR TIME